It’s another hot summer and as a new mom I want to be stylish yet practical at the same time. Anything that saves me time and makes me feel great will become my top picks. Below my top three Must-Haves this summer:
- Fanny Packs are simply amazing and much more practical than purses. As moms, we mostly only have one hand free because we are either carrying a baby, pushing a stroller or doing something else. Fanny Packs make it so much easier to search for essentials. Whether it’s a chapstick, baby snacks, or credit card. On top they don’t make your back hurt or mess up your posture. These mini bags accessorize most outfits and are en vogue at the moment. You can find really cool ones at Missguided just search for Fanny Pack and you’ll find different options. Use code “Have50” for 50% off EVERYTHING$!
2. Mink Eyelashes are super durable, high quality and give you that Wow Factor at a blink of an eye. Another undoubted advantage is that you won’t have mascara running down your face in this heat. As a supporter of Women-Owned Businesses I love and recommend the Mink Lashes of the 400M Diva Collection created by Track Star Natasha Hasting. In the pic below I wear the style “Anchor Leg” for a natural look with a little drama. My followers and readers receive 15% off with code “June15”.
3. Black Girl Sunscreen is a sunblock made for pigmented skin. Unlike popular belief, YES black people need sunscreen as well. Your melanin might protect you from some UV rays but not all. Also, exposure to the sun will leave your skin dry and increase the chances of wrinkles. Since I’m all about ingredients I checked them out and the Black Girl Sunscreen is Fragrance, Parabens, Oxybenzone, and Octinoxate free and uses natural ingredients such as Avocado, Jojoba, and Sunflower Oil. Just rub it in like lotion and it dries clear, no nasty white residue anymore! We’ve been waiting for an effective sunscreen that doesn’t make us look like we took a dive into white power. Another plus is they have Black Girl Sunscreen for kids now too!!! If you sign up for their newsletter you’ll receive 20% off your first order.
What are your thoughts? Do you have any Must-Haves this summer? We would love to hear from you. So send us a message or comment below!
Hey guys, what’s up? I know it has been a while since I last posted on here. But a lot has happened in the past 11 months. If you follow me on Social Media you might know that I have had a beautiful baby boy. Khai was born Sep 6th, I essentially only took off 3 weeks and was back to handling Press, VIPs, Run of Show, Sponsors and Talent on Nov 1st for one of my client’s fashion shows. All while still trying to figure out my new role as a working mom. I was honestly overwhelmed at times and felt as if I was losing myself in being a mother. I wanted to quit everything at one point but one of my dear friends advised me to just maintain what I was doing for the next 6 months and that things will level out. Thank God they did eventually! Now I’m at the point were I can finally grow my business again. I’ve learned to work more efficiently and to not stress myself out on those days I don’t get much accomplished. I have some really exciting news!!!
I will launch an Online Fashion Marketing Class this summer which will help fashion businesses reach the next level whether it’s sales, targeting, social media presence, dressing celebrities etc. There will be assignments, Q&A’s, as well as personal one on one consulting sessions with me. As an added bonus I will share my resources and invite Industry Experts such as celebrity stylists, fashion show producers and magazine editors to the class to share first hand what they are looking for when working with fashion businesses. This class is for fashion designers, stylists, fashion bloggers, fashion photographers, fashion marketers etc. We have also received many requests in regards to fashion shows and how to plan and organize them. You asked and we’ve answered with a Fashion Show Check-List which is available for sale right now! This resource will guide you from start till finish, ensure you meet your deadlines and guarantee you won’t forget anything.
Stay tuned for announcements and give aways. Please share and comment!!!
We live in a day and age where we are over-flooded with information. There is so much unnecessary, meaningless and simply dumb content out there. It becomes increasingly difficult to filter through all this clutter. Then, add the fact that we are addicted to our phones. I can literally do everything with the touch of a button on my phone. After talking to some of my friends and other entrepreneurs I became aware that I am not the only one suffering from anxiety. It’s actually very common. Anxiety is different for everyone but for me, my mind was constantly racing or went off the deep end by creating worst-case scenarios that are highly unlikely to happen. It is literally a downward spiral of worry followed by insomnia. Luckily I’ve never faced depression but anxiety could lead to that. I have learned my triggers and I found ways to prevent anxiety before it even arises:
- Turn off Alerts on your phone and desktop: Having your thought process constantly interrupted, checking your email and social media after every alert adds to the unnecessary clutter. Studies showed that people spend on average two hours per day on social media, which is beating the time we spend on eating food, some teens spend up to 9 hours daily (Social Media Daily)! Crazy right? One of the reasons behind it is that a social media like creates dopamine in your brain, a chemical associated with pleasure (Business Insider). To prevent wasting precious time on emails and social media, it is way more efficient to set two times throughout the day to check your emails and answer them in bulk instead or going into your inbox everytime you get an alert. Same goes for social media. If it is part of your marketing strategy, schedule your posts through automation (e.g. Hootsuite) and spend 30-45 mins/day interacting with your audience during your peak time which can be determined by paying attention to your analytics.
- Don’t answer your phone after certain hours: As a publicist, I try to be available as much as possible for my clients. I used to answer questions at all times and they got used to it. Those late night phone calls and texts never were real emergencies and could have waited until the next day. Since then I made it a rule that after 9pm I won’t respond to anything business related unless we have an event, travel, or major interview lined up for the following day. I often don’t answer my friends after hours either. This really helped me gain more peace, increase my rest, give my brain time to wind down as well as enjoy the time with loved ones and friends much more.
- Meditation: This element was crucial to my new lifestyle and added so much peace to my life. It doesn’t only help me calm down and escape from my hectic life, but also helps me think clearer and focus on the important things in life. I use the Inscape App which offers guided meditations for different life moments such as more vitality, reducing stress, better sleep at night, increased focus etc. They also have a physical location in NYC so everytime I’m in NYC I try to attend at least one class. Totally worth it especially after a hectic event such as New York Fashion Week. I often meditate and take deep breaths throughout the day when things are starting to pile up.
- Switch your phone to airplane mode at night: Not only does this reduce radiation your phone exudes it also brings more tranquility to your life when you don’t see all the popups on your phone when you wake up. Another rule I implemented is to not check my phone the first 30-45 mins after I wake up. This helped me to fully enjoy my breakfast, morning cuddles with my boo and be more present overall. Because I know once I turn on my phone it’s over and it will be hard to get some time to myself.
- Be grateful: I wake up every day finding at least 3 new things I am grateful for in my life. Waking up with a grateful mindset sounds simple but it has improved my overall happiness so much and it also significantly reduced the times I compare my life with others, which had often lead to stress and unnecessary pressure I placed myself.
I hope this helped you out a bit. Take time to be present, smell the roses when you take a walk and don’t look at your phone when you’re out for dinner. Who knows maybe you’ll take my tips to heart. If so, please email me about it email@example.com.
I would love to hear if any of you suffer from anxiety and what you do to overcome it.
It is officially the most wonderful time of the year… And arguably the most expensive!!! Christmas time comes with warm, cozy scents, family, joy and gift guides! It can be tough to figure out what to get the fashionista in your life, so we’ve put together a small gift guide with some of the most popular shoes of the season. Seeing that the gift of giving can sometimes become financially stressful I tried out Kim K’s new shopping app, Screenshop, to find some budget-friendly versions to choose from as well.
- The infamous $10,000 Saint Laurent Niki Over-The-Knee Crystal Boots as seen on Rihanna, Cardi B, and Kendall Jenner or the Forever 21 Faux Crystal Knee High Boots for $88.00
Photo Credits: Saks Fith Avenue
Photo Credits: Forever 21
- For the sporty girl in your life, you could hunt down these Balenciaga Triple S Trainers that are sold out online but run for $850.00. You could also go for the Fenty Trainer Mid Geo Sneakers that I think are just as fabulous and only go for $170.00. Get some sneaker inspiration from Draya, Kehlani, Kim K and of course, RiRi.
Photo Credits: Balenciaga
Photo Credits: Fenti Puma
- Lala Anthony and Monica Brown were everyone’s #WCW when they were spotted in the Fendi Red Leather Cuissard Boots retailing at $1,350. The always budget-friendly icon, Cardi B got the same look with the Steve Madden’s Dominique boots for just $99.98.
Photo Credits: Fendi
Photo Credits: Steve Madden
- Last, but not least, the every-day, fur loafers! You can go with Gucci and dish out $995.00 or you can go with the always reliable Target and only reach for $24.99! See these on the likes of both besties, Kendall and Gigi.
Photo Credits: Gucci
Photo Credits: Target
If you like this post by Emily please like, comment and share with others that might need Christmas Gifts Inspirations!!!