I’m so excited to announce that my First Online Fashion Marketing Course is LIVE!!! It’s titled ELEVATE YOUR FASHION BUSINESS IN 60 DAYS and you can register HERE. If you’ve been reading my posts you… More
It’s another hot summer and as a new mom I want to be stylish yet practical at the same time. Anything that saves me time and makes me feel great will become my top picks. Below my top three Must-Haves this summer:
- Fanny Packs are simply amazing and much more practical than purses. As moms, we mostly only have one hand free because we are either carrying a baby, pushing a stroller or doing something else. Fanny Packs make it so much easier to search for essentials. Whether it’s a chapstick, baby snacks, or credit card. On top they don’t make your back hurt or mess up your posture. These mini bags accessorize most outfits and are en vogue at the moment. You can find really cool ones at Missguided just search for Fanny Pack and you’ll find different options. Use code “Have50” for 50% off EVERYTHING$!
2. Mink Eyelashes are super durable, high quality and give you that Wow Factor at a blink of an eye. Another undoubted advantage is that you won’t have mascara running down your face in this heat. As a supporter of Women-Owned Businesses I love and recommend the Mink Lashes of the 400M Diva Collection created by Track Star Natasha Hasting. In the pic below I wear the style “Anchor Leg” for a natural look with a little drama. My followers and readers receive 15% off with code “June15”.
3. Black Girl Sunscreen is a sunblock made for pigmented skin. Unlike popular belief, YES black people need sunscreen as well. Your melanin might protect you from some UV rays but not all. Also, exposure to the sun will leave your skin dry and increase the chances of wrinkles. Since I’m all about ingredients I checked them out and the Black Girl Sunscreen is Fragrance, Parabens, Oxybenzone, and Octinoxate free and uses natural ingredients such as Avocado, Jojoba, and Sunflower Oil. Just rub it in like lotion and it dries clear, no nasty white residue anymore! We’ve been waiting for an effective sunscreen that doesn’t make us look like we took a dive into white power. Another plus is they have Black Girl Sunscreen for kids now too!!! If you sign up for their newsletter you’ll receive 20% off your first order.
What are your thoughts? Do you have any Must-Haves this summer? We would love to hear from you. So send us a message or comment below!
Hey guys, what’s up? I know it has been a while since I last posted on here. But a lot has happened in the past 11 months. If you follow me on Social Media you might know that I have had a beautiful baby boy. Khai was born Sep 6th, I essentially only took off 3 weeks and was back to handling Press, VIPs, Run of Show, Sponsors and Talent on Nov 1st for one of my client’s fashion shows. All while still trying to figure out my new role as a working mom. I was honestly overwhelmed at times and felt as if I was losing myself in being a mother. I wanted to quit everything at one point but one of my dear friends advised me to just maintain what I was doing for the next 6 months and that things will level out. Thank God they did eventually! Now I’m at the point were I can finally grow my business again. I’ve learned to work more efficiently and to not stress myself out on those days I don’t get much accomplished. I have some really exciting news!!!
I will launch an Online Fashion Marketing Class this summer which will help fashion businesses reach the next level whether it’s sales, targeting, social media presence, dressing celebrities etc. There will be assignments, Q&A’s, as well as personal one on one consulting sessions with me. As an added bonus I will share my resources and invite Industry Experts such as celebrity stylists, fashion show producers and magazine editors to the class to share first hand what they are looking for when working with fashion businesses. This class is for fashion designers, stylists, fashion bloggers, fashion photographers, fashion marketers etc. We have also received many requests in regards to fashion shows and how to plan and organize them. You asked and we’ve answered with a Fashion Show Check-List which is available for sale right now! This resource will guide you from start till finish, ensure you meet your deadlines and guarantee you won’t forget anything.
Stay tuned for announcements and give aways. Please share and comment!!!
Over the past 10 years I have worked for and with several brands such as Curls, Shea Moisture, Swarowski, Google, Uber, Hennessy, NYFW, Coca-Cola, Omni Hotels, Stila, Covergirl etc. I’m always being asked the question of how to receive sponsorships from brands. Some people wonder why brands don’t want to work with them or what they’re doing wrong with their pitching approach.
Here some pointers why brands don’t want to work with you:
- You don’t bring anything to the table: Whenever you approach a brand you have to make yourself interesting to them. What’s special about you? How will you help them make a sale or increase their popularity? Do you have an engaged audience? Do you create original or creative content? Do you have a unique perspective or a one-of-a-kind look? Are you involved with an event that could touch many potential customers in one sweep?
- You don’t target their target demographic: Let’s say for example you want to approach a premium brand but have only been promoting and working with lower end brands it’s very unlikely you will get a deal with that higher end brand.
- You’re unprofessional: The first impression counts whenever you are trying to contact brands. Always approach a brand with professional pictures, a media kit, highlights of what makes you special, and your specific value proposition. Also, clean up your social media since these channels will be the first ones they will check out. No brand wants to see an endless collection of selfies, you turning up in every other picture, or captions with foul language. They want to see that you will actually represent a brand and make them shine in the best light.
- You’ve been going hard for their competition: Even if you approached a company professionally and did everything right your proposal might still be rejected due to prior strong advocacy of a competing product. So you either have to let some time pass between the competitor and the new brand or take those posts off .
I hope this helps if you don’t know how to create a media-kit or a value proposition in your pitch feel free to send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will give you advice.
Many soon to be mothers think they’re lives are over once they give birth. But this doesn’t have to be the case. There are many women out there still pursing their dreams. Also, just because you are pregnant or a mom doesn’t mean that you can’t dress up or do things to make you feel better. Yes, you will have to make adjustments to your life but life goes on. I’m dedicating this to all the moms out there working hard making things happen.
Here are the moms I love following on social media. One of my muses finds very unique vintage pieces and puts a modern twist to them, the other one goes for a very chic and classy look whereas the last one masters wearing pants with an oversized very polished look. Do they look like this every day? Probably not, but they can be an inspiration to step up your fashion game every once in a while.
Can’t wait to see you all slay this season, feel free to tag me on social media @MsLally9 and I will feature you in my next inspirational style post!