It’s that time of the year again. The biggest fashion spectacle is coming to the Big Apple. For some reason the FW showcases are more prestigious than the SS. I guess you have more fabric to create more extravagant pieces. Anyways, I’ve been planning this trip since December. It’s important to have a game plan and to maximize your time while being in the Fashion Mecca. Here is my NYFW blueprint:
1. Time: NYFW is Feb 10th – 18th I will stay 11th-16th (I can’t stand the cold for too long :-))
2. Location: Most of the shows will take place between Midtown and Soho, so I decided to stay within this area, I won’t say exactly where but fairly to close to Washington Square Park. The best options to book a hotel room or to rent out an apartment will be found on Hotwire and AirBnB.
3. Shows: I only have 6 days to attend as many shows as possible. I am planning on attending the shows of Binzario Couture, Project Runway Star Kortu Momolu, Newcomer Charu Lochan Dass, DVF, Elie Tahari, and Herve Leger. For more info on calendars, check out Fashion Week Online or CFDA .
4. Sightseeing: Of course, I also would love to see more of New York City this time. On my to do list are: Central Park, Ground Zero, Pizza in Staten Island, and a Broadway show.
5. Networking: The Creme de la Creme of Fashion will be in the City, networking will be therefore vital to broaden my reach and influence. Industry related happy-hours, mixers and after-parties are the places to be at in order to rub shoulders with other Fashion Professionals.
To stay updated on my status and to see if I was able check everything off my to do list, follow me on IG, Twitter and Periscope @MsLally9.