I frequently encounter this inquiry: Where can I find the prime locations for mingling with fellow fashion industry experts at New York Fashion Week? NYFW primarily revolves around brief 15-20 minute runway shows, which leave little room for networking during or after the catwalks since everyone is hurrying to their next engagement. Nonetheless, there are some events and hot spots to keep in mind if networking is one of your goals.
- Essence Fashion House: A top fashion event that is highlighting the contributions of black creatives to the fashion industry. There will be panels, activations, and shopping opportunities. Further you’ll get to rub elbows with other fashion enthusiasts. The best part is that it is completely free.
- Showrooms: They are great places to connect with the fashion industry. Buyers, press, influencers, stylists, and other industry pros often visit those. During NYFW the Black In Fashion Council collaborated with IMG and will host different designers in their showroom at Spring Studios. Other showrooms across town such as The Good Six and The Confessional Showroom are other fun options. Just make sure you call in advance to schedule an appointment or ask what days/times they are open to the public.
- Casa Cipriani Downtown: If you want excellent Italian Food and want to run into top-notch fashion folks Casa Cipriani is your spot. It’s best you start making your reservation now!!!
- Fashion Mingle is hosting an entire NYFW Experience Tour which will not only provide you with a tour of fashion staples such as Dover Street Market and the Garment district but also give you backstage access during runway shows.
- The Standard Hotel: Anything at the Standard Hotel will be full of fashion people whether you grab a bite at the Standard grill, go to an afterparty at the Boom Boom Room, or enjoy a night out at Le Bain (indeed has a pool in the middle of the dance floor. The Standard Hotel in the Meatpacking District will be a hotspot again this season.
If you’re a Designer and ready to showcase during NYFW next or in upcoming seasons feel free to book a Free Consultation with us. We have over 10 years of experience when it comes to NYFW events.